Earn the Advanced Certificate in
DISTRICT Leadership for Excellence and Equity
from The National Center for Urban School Transformation & San Diego State University’s World Campus
WHAT IT IS
WHAT IT ISN'T
- This program is exclusively for district leaders who supervise schools. The program includes five courses (delivered primarily online) over a 16-month period.
- The program is based on NCUST’s extensive study of urban schools that achieve excellent and equitable learning results.
- Each course features specific district-level leadership tasks. The leadership tasks will challenge district leaders to provide inspiring, meaningful, and productive support and guidance to the schools they supervise in ways that advance excellence and equity.
- During each course, each participant will receive up to three one-on-one personalized video-coaching sessions with an NCUST Executive Coach.
- Each course will include an opportunity to engage with district leaders who influenced the success of award-winning schools that have achieved remarkable results for every demographic group served.
- This is NOT a program to credential or certify new district leaders.
- This is NOT a traditional program that requires academic papers or tests. Instead, it requires participants to engage in practical leadership tasks designed to promote excellence and equity in their schools. District leaders earn the advanced certificate by modeling leadership that results in greater excellence and equity in schools.